CONCEPT: The concept behind the blog newsletter combo is that content sent to followers in emails can also be blog posts. This will make creating content and art blogging easy.
After I settled into routine of blogging both here at Artbiz and my fine art site, I came up with one really good use for my art blog. I use my fine art blog as an archive for my exhibitions (here’s how to use your blog for exhibition history). It’s great because it provides a chronological listing of my exhibits with pictures, review links and I can write about it as much or as little as it want.
Now I have another idea on how you can use your art blog and not have to go through writers anxiety every time you feel it’s time to communicate with your followers. I call it your blog newsletter combo!
No doubt you have an email list to send out your studio news. You may even have a Mail Chimp or similar account that you use to send out your emails. If you don’t, get one, it’s free.
THE IDEA: Turn studio newsletter’s into a blog posts and use Mail Chimp to send it out automatically. Oh Yeah, we`re done here.
Well not quite. You probably wonder what makes good blog newsletter content. Here`s some ideas…
- Show images of your studio, people love to see artist studios.
- Document the stages of your work. This could also be turned into a how to article.
- Take pictures and write about your visit to a local art show.
- The opening of your show (see here’s how to use your blog for exhibition history), or an artist you admire.
- Your fav art reading list.
- Interview an artist you admire.
- Take pictures of crating and shipping your work.
- Ask collectors for images of your work in their home or office.
- Ask for testimonials if you do commissions.
There’s so much you can write about that will let people into your mysterious life of an artist. You don’t have to do both a newsletter and a blog. Make art blogging easy by combining the two tasks into one.
What do you think, will you turn your newsletter into blog posts? Any other content ideas you wish to add?