Once you have images in NextGen Gallery you can use them throughout WordPress posts and pages. This tutorial will show you how to insert a single image from NextGen Gallery on to any post or page.
You can always upload images into the media library for use as feature or post images but if you have already uploaded the image to a gallery you can access these images for use elsewhere. One really good reason to use the gallery images as post images is to save space on your server. After all it is a bit redundant to upload the same image over again.
So without further adieu this is how to insert a single image from NextGen Gallery
1. Open the page or post you want the image to appear.
2. Click the “Add Media” button on the top left of the editor
3. Once the media library window opens looks for NextGen Gallery on the left and click that link.
4. On the next screen select the gallery from the drop down menu where it says “No Gallery”.
5. Once you have located the image click the “show” link to reveal some options.
6. The description does not show on the page under the image like a caption does. It will however show on the image enlargement of the lightbox from NextGen Gallery plugin if you select to link to the media file.
To show the entire image and not a cropped version select “Singlepic”. Select the desired alignment and then “Insert into Post” button.
7. Once inserted the actual image is not seen but rather a short code that calls in the image. It looks similar to this >> [ singlepic id=31 w=320 h=240 float=left ]
The image can also be used as the feature image if you select that option.
That is how you insert a single image from NextGen Gallery onto a page or post in WordPress. Any Questions?